Meeting Agenda to include:
- introduction of coaches
- review of team expectations
- information on equipment and dress.
- booster club information
- meet schedule
- trip to Biwabik and Itasca (not a school trip)
Simley Nordic Expectations
1. Being a member of the Spartan Nordic Ski Team is an honor and a privilege. It provides a chance to develop your body and mind. It is both hard work and lots of fun. All athletes need to demonstrate a positive attitude towards coaches, teammates, and officials. You are expected to cooperate with all. Hazing or harassment will not be tolerated, while fun is expected.
2. Practice begins at 3:00 and runs until approximately 5:00. The vast majority of practices are held on campus. Occasionally high school skiers may meet at an off site venue.
3. Practices and ski meets are mandatory for all student/athletes. If you miss a practice or a meet, you must have an excuse signed by your parent. Absences for academic reasons require prior approval.
4. Care must be used with all Spartan Nordic equipment. School skis need to be protected and kept clean. The Nordic room must be kept clean and free of wax build up. All skiers need to help clean on waxing days until the room is cleaned. Wax on; wax off. No school skies will be issued unless students have a proper ski bag.
5.Practices and meets are a time to improve your fitness level and to develop your skills. Success is measured by effort, attitude and improvement as well as by race times.
6. You live in Minnesota! Anticipate snow, cold, wind or rain everyday. Be prepared to add or remove layers of clothing to stay comfortable. Proper winter dress is a safety issue. Skiers need to get in the habit of checking the weather forecasts.
7. Academics are at the core of your educational experience. All athletes must be making good
behavior and academic choices to stay active on the team. Students first; athletes second.
8. All team members must abide by the MSHSL rules and #199 district athletic policies. These are
minimum standards; we, of course, expect better!
9.Communication is an important part of any team. Short notice changes in meet times and locations often occur due to weather conditions. Please check the blog often.
10. We are a team of athletes from grade 7 to grade 12. We work to meet the individual developmental needs of each skier.
11. The skills and the attitudes learned in athletics are applicable to all aspects of life, it is an overt goal of the Spartan Nordic Ski Team to develop students to be happy, hardworking, goal oriented and ethical adults. Learn, try and have a great season!